Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Multiple Intelligences in the Classroom

After completing the quiz on surfaquarium web site, I found that I have strength in intrapersonal and existential multiple intelligences. This means that I work best with feelings, values, attitudes, and connecting to larger understandings. I found that I am not strong in the logical multiple intelligence. This means that it is harder for me to do reasoning and problem solving type work. Other students who have strength in their intrapersonal skills will find that they place value on what they are learning and take ownership for their learning. Some characteristics of a intrapersonal student would be that they prefer to work alone, are intuitive, like to spend time thinking and reflecting, are independent, intuitive, self-aware, and have a perfectionist type personality. To support these type of students in my classroom I will make sure they have time each day to write in their personal journal so that they can reflect on the day. I will also get these students personally involved in what we are learning so that they can feel a sense of importance about the material. Some technologies that can stimulate this type of intelligence can be a computer so that the child can move at their own pace. Computers offer paced programs that are great for intrapersonal characteristics. My attention to the intrapersonal intelligence could impact my students because I will be spending a good amount of time on self-reflection. I think it is important for students to be aware of their own work and to take charge of their learning. Writing in a journal everyday will help each student self-reflect and learn more about themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment